The idea behind dome tents is as old as time. The first dome structures were built from natural materials. It is scientifically believed that these were the sort of structures the first humans lived in. Dome tents have gradually evolved to become places of study, worship, and homes. These structures have become distinctive features of great civilizations.
Unlike conventional dome tents, Geodesic dome tents are resistant to rough weather and more durable. They are good for camping in the wilderness during winter. The geodesic dome is structurally designed to distribute stress evenly within the dome. This allows the geodesic dome structure to withstand a heavy load. Geodesic dome tents are structurally modified dome tents.
This article will look at what dome tents are, why you should go for a dome tent, and how to set up a dome tent.
What is a dome tent?
Camping is a fun recreational activity many people engage in. the adventure and excitement associated with it create memories that will last for a lifetime. Camping creates an avenue for you to bond with your family, friends, schoolmates, or whoever you went camping with. For you to go camping you must have a tent. A tent is a temporarily constructed shelter.
There are a wide variety of tents, but what is a dome tent?
The dome tent is a tent with a dome shape. It has a rectangular floor and is supported by two diagonal poles. Dome tents have high wind resistance. They are light and easy to set-up. Dome tents are one of the most common types of tents.
The reason why you should go for a dome tent
If you are planning on going camping and you are wondering what tent you should get, here are some reasons why you should go for a dome tent:
- It is lightweight and easy to carry along
- It can stand freely without tent stakes
- It is easy to set-up
- It is affordable
- Its rectangular floor provides a comfortable sleeping space.
- It has a strong and stable shape so it’s able to resist rough wind
How to set up a dome tent
- Select a camping site. This is a very important step that should never be overlooked. The location you construct your dome tent will greatly affect your camping experience. If you are confused about what location to choose ask yourself, “what do I want out of my camping experience,” this question should help you make the right choice.
- Lay down the ground tarpaulin on a flat area. Make sure you remove all rocks and debris in sight.
- Unfold your tent on the laid tarpaulin and make sure all zippers are closed, except for that of the door. The door of your tent can face any angle.
- Following the instruction manual, assemble all poles.
- Carefully pass these poles through the appropriate tent sleeves.
- Insert poles in the pocket of the tent fabric. The poles must cross at the center of the tent.
- Make sure that you don’t have excess tarpaulin jutting out by the sides of the tent.
- Secure your tent by staking down the sides